How do I register?
Registration for the 2013 New Runners’ Program has ended.
How do I pay?
You will pay for the program when you register online. Or you can mail a check if you download the registration form. The cost of the program for new participants is $65 and includes the entry fee for the Dogwood 5K, a one year membership to the Mebane Running Club and all of the program components.
I really want to do this. How do I make sure I have a spot?
Two words – REGISTER EARLY!
- When you see ‘Choose a Membership Level’, choose one of the appropriate levels below:
New Runners’ Program – New Member
- New Runners’ Program – Current Member ($50 for those who have paid their 2013 MRC dues)
- DO NOT choose the Individual or Family Membership. That is a general membership to the Mebane Running Club and will not include the New Runners’ Program. Your New Runners’ Program fee includes the annual fee for the Mebane Running Club.
- Be sure to follow all steps and provide your payment. Once payment is processed, you will receive an online receipt. If you do not receive a receipt, you may not have completed the process.
- Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
- Map out a mile using mapmyrun.com or another mapping device online.
- Set a timer or ask a friend to help. Many smartphones have stopwatches on them.
- Briskly walk or run – walk or run (your preference) the distance. You should be breathing heavily and have an elevated heart rate. Do not sprint!
- Submit your time when asked on the form e.g. 17:30, 10:15, 16:20, etc.
If you want to register but haven’t timed your mile yet, please go ahead and register. We will get your mile time via email before February 2nd. We will also offer a timed mile option in the next several weeks.