Registration for the 2015 New Runners Program has ended.
The 2015 New Runners Program will begin June 22. The goal of the program is to prepare runners to complete the Mebane on the Move 5k which is scheduled for Saturday September 12, 2015.
Runs led by mentors with information sessions on Mondays at 6:30 p.m. Optional group runs Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. and Saturday at 7:30 a.m.
This is an affordable 12-week program designed to take you from walking to running a 5K. Registration includes all of the following:
- 12 week program with weekly weeknight runs:
- Weekly runs led by NRP mentors on Monday at 6:30 p.m. with information sessions held on select nights.
- Monday runs meet in downtown Mebane (in front of Karma, at the corner of Clay and Third Street.)
- Additional/optional group run on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. and Saturdays at 7:30 a.m.
Meets at Reed’s Downtown Table
116 West Clay Street, Mebane, NC
- Programs starts with mostly walking, increasing running intervals each week on a set schedule.
- Weekly email with workout schedule, helpful articles, encouragement and more.
- Information sessions on stretching, goal setting, running your first 5K, nutrition and more from our volunteer mentors
- Registration for the Mebane on the Move 5K in downtown Mebane on Saturday September 12, 2015
- One year individual membership to the Mebane Running Club
- Mebane Running Club wicking t-shirt
- Program open to men and women 18 years and over, 16 years with parent / guardian’s permission.
- All fitness levels welcome! If you can walk, you can run!
- Important Note – Participants should consult their health care provider before beginning any new type of exercise or fitness program.
Program registration available:
- Click here to sign up online – registration has ended
- Payment is processed via a secure site, with all major credit cards accepted.
- Complete the Basic Information at the top of the page. Scroll down and select New Runners Program. Be sure to check the box at the bottom to agree to the waiver.
Please email us at: email@example.com for any questions about the program or registrations.
Cost of the 2015 program is $65.00 for non MRC members, $50.00 for current (paid) MRC members
Feel free to join the Mebane Running Club at any of our group runs. We have runners of all speeds and fitness levels that meet at eight different times each week.