The 2015 New Runners Program will begin in mid- to late-June 2015. The goal of the program is to prepare runners to complete the Mebane on the Move 5k which is scheduled for Saturday September 12, 2015.
Thanks for your interest in the New Runners’ Program.
Days, times and location have not been finalized yet. You may check back to this page for updates. Or you can send an email to email@example.com and we will send you updates as they occur.
This is an affordable 12 week program designed to take you from walking to running a 5K. Registration includes all of the following:
- 12 week program with weekly weeknight runs:
- Weekly runs led by NRP mentors (Day/time to be determined). Additional information sessions will be held on select nights.
- Additional/optional group run on Saturdays at 7:30 a.m.
Meets at Reed’s Downtown Table
116 West Clay Street
- Programs starts with mostly walking, increasing running intervals each week on a set schedule.
- Weekly email with workout schedule, helpful articles, encouragement and more.
- Information sessions on stretching, goal setting, running your first 5K, nutrition and more from our volunteer mentors
- Registration for the Mebane on the Move 5K in downtown Mebane on Saturday September 12, 2015
- One year individual membership to the Mebane Running Club
- Mebane Running Club wicking t-shirt
- Program open to men and women 18 years and over, 16 years with parent / guardian’s permission.
- All fitness levels welcome! If you can walk, you can run!
- Important Note – Participants should consult their health care provider before beginning any new type of exercise or fitness program.
Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions about the program or registrations.
Cost of the 2014 program was $65.00 for non MRC members, $50.00 for current (paid) MRC members
Feel free to join the Mebane Running Club at any of our group runs. We have runners of all speeds and fitness levels that meet at eight different times each week.