12 week program with weekly weeknight runs:Programs starts with mostly walking, increasing running intervals each week on a set schedule.
- Weekly runs led by NRP mentors on Monday at 6:30 p.m. with information sessions held on select nights.
- Monday runs meet in downtown Mebane (in front of Karma, at the corner of Clay and Third Street.)
- Additional/optional group run on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. (near Karma) and Saturdays at 7:30 a.m (near Reeds Coffee and Art 116 West Clay Street, Mebane, NC)
- Weekly email with workout schedule, helpful articles, encouragement and more.
- Information sessions on stretching, goal setting, running your first 5K, nutrition and more from our volunteer mentors
- Registration for the 2017 Mebane on the Move 5K in downtown Mebane
- One year individual membership to the Mebane Running Club
- Mebane Running Club wicking t-shirt
- Program open to men and women 18 years and over, 16 years with parent / guardian’s permission.
- All fitness levels welcome! If you can walk, you can run!
- Important Note – Participants should consult their health care provider before beginning any new type of exercise or fitness program.
New Runners’ Program
COUCH TO 5K – FOR YOU!!! Mebane Running Club presents: New Runner’s Program 2017, kickoff meeting Saturday, June 10, 9AM at Reeds Coffee in Mebane, NC. This is a beginner’s program for those who have never run before or those who have done a little running in the past…but it’s been a while. No experience necessary. The program will begin with some walking and running and progress over twelve weeks to prepare you for the Mebane on the Move 5k event in September 2017. Please check out the New Runner’s Program tab at www.mebanerunningclub.com and field all questions and interest to email@example.com. REGISTER HERE (click “SIGN UP” and you will be prompted to select New Runner’s Program) https://runsignup.com/Club/NC/
$60 for existing MRC members, $75 for folks not currently members (includes a pro-rated membership)
The 2017 New Runners Program will begin June 10. The goal of the program is to prepare runners to complete the Mebane on the Move 5k which is scheduled for the second weekend in September 2017.
Runs led by mentors with information sessions on Mondays at 6:30 p.m. Optional group runs Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. and Saturday at 7:30 a.m.
This is an affordable 12-week program designed to take you from walking to running a 5K. Registration includes all of the following: