Registration for the 2013 New Runners’ Program has ended.
Thanks for your interest in the New Runners’ Program.
This is an affordable 10 week program designed to take you from walking to running a 5K. Registration includes all of the following:
- 10 week program with weekly runs beginning on February 12th:
- Runs led by NRP mentors with information sessions on Tuesdays from 6:30pm – 7:45pm
- Optional group run on Saturdays at 7:30am
- Location in downtown Mebane.
- Programs starts with mostly walking, increasing running intervals each week on a set schedule.
- Weekly email with workout schedule, helpful articles, encouragement and more.
- Information sessions on stretching, goal setting, running your first 5K, nutrition and more from our volunteer mentors
- Registration for the Dogwood 5K in downtown Mebane the evening of Friday April 26th, 2013
- One year individual membership to the Mebane Running Club
- Program open to men and women 18 years and over, 16 years with parent / guardian’s permission.
- All fitness levels welcome! If you can walk, you can run!
- Important Note – Participants should consult their health care provider before beginning any new type of exercise or fitness program.
Please email us at: email@example.com for any questions about the program or registrations.
Cost of program is $65.00 for non MRC members, $50.00 for current (paid) MRC members
Feel free to join the Mebane Running Club at any of our group runs. We have runners of all speeds and fitness levels that meet at eight different times each week.
A big congratulations to all of the 2012 NRP graduates. We are proud to have you as members of the Mebane Running Club!