Below are the draft by-law changes as recommended by the board. All topics are up for discussion and change at the Fall Meeting. Join us to discuss the possibility of some board additions, changes to current roles and more at La Fiesta in Mebane on Wednesday, October 5th at 7:30pm. Current and prospective members are welcome, but only members may vote.
Additional topics will include:
- Winter Social aka ‘Running of the Lights’ committee
- 2012 New Runners Program committee
- Nominating committee for 2012 Elections
- Charitable giving
- Race participation
- MRC Ambassadors
- By-law amendments
- and more!
If you cannot attend the meeting, but want to serve on a committee or comment on the by-law changes, please comment below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be presented at the meeting.
(Oh…and please print out a copy for yourself to bring to the meeting. We will have limited copies available. Thanks!)
2011.9 MRC Proposed By-Law Changes
Hey all – in case you missed the meeting, here are the minutes. There are several committees with room on them for more folks; so please reach out to us if you’d like to help out!
Thanks for a great meeting!
It is with deep regret that we announce this piece of news. Our dear friends at Mebane Espress, which has been the MRC’s home base for over a year, have decided to sell their business to be closer to family. We want to thank Maria, Mario and Stefano for always being a welcome location for runners, cyclists, active folks and the community in general. Their support has been phenomenal! We wish them the best in their future endeavors.
Please pass along this information if you know of someone who might be interested in owning a wonderful coffee shop and gelateria!!!
Coffee Shop for Sale in Downtown Mebane
Otherwise known as what MRC members received this year…..
- $5 discount – Young Life 5K in Burlington, NC
- $5 discount – Monster Dash 5K in Graham, NC
- 10% off and special giveaways on MRC Night at Omega Sports in Burlington
- 10% off at Off N Running Sports in Greensboro
- 10% off at Bull City Running in Durham
- Discounted massage therapy from Tracy Moon, Licensed Massage Therapist
- Discounted fitness classes from Crossfit Mebane
- Free yoga class and 10% off a class pass at Hillsborough Yoga Company
- Bowling, discounted shoes at Zbowl Summer Social 8/13
- Yummy tapas at the Dick & Jane’s Spring Social 4/26
- $500 donation to Loaves & Fishes in Mebane on behalf of the club
- Super discounted wicking and cotton logo tees
- Giveaways at meetings (shirts, shoes, etc)
- Weekly email with news about parties, time changes, carpools, and more…
- Official member of the Road Runners Club of America – a non-profit dedicated to runners!
- Website with listings on YOUR race times, social events, running articles and more…
Reasons why you might choose a household membership instead of a single membership….
- You have one runner and one or more occasional runners or run / walkers under one roof
- The runner never checks their email and their partner wants to know when the parties are being held
- You want the non-runner to start running and get a discount on the next New Runners’ Program
- More than one member wants voting privileges
- You always attend MRC events as a family
- You like seeing ALL of your names listed in the race results section of the blog.
- You don’t mind paying the extra five bucks because you got so many discounts this year!
- You want an extra door prize drawing at the Running of the Lights!!!
Join or renew today!!! We will be ‘officially’ collecting membership forms and dues from Wednesday, November 24th – Wednesday, December 15th. (But if you are a NEW members and want an invitation to the Running of the Lights holiday social on December 8th….get those forms and payments in soon!!!)
Click the Membership Link above for the form and more information!!!