Ever wanted to try to run a 5K?
Want an inexpensive new fitness option?
Started to run by yourself but didn’t know how to keep going?
Join the 2012 MRC New Runners’ Program
This is an affordable 10 week program designed to take you from walking to running a 5K. Registration includes all of the following:
- 10 week program with weekly runs beginning on February 7th:
- Runs led by NRP mentors with information sessions on Tuesdays from 6:30pm – 7:45pm
- Optional group run on Saturdays at 7:30am
- Location in downtown Mebane.
- Programs starts with mostly walking, increasing running intervals each week on a set schedule.
- Weekly email with workout schedule, helpful articles, encouragement and more.
- Information sessions on stretching, goal setting, running your first 5K, nutrition and more from our volunteer mentors
- Registration for the Dogwood 5K in downtown Mebane the evening of Friday April 27th, 2012
- One year individual membership to the Mebane Running Club
- Program open to men and women 18 years and over, 16 years with parent / guardian’s permission.
- All fitness levels welcome! If you can walk, you can run!
- Important Note – Participants should consult their health care provider before beginning any new type of exercise or fitness program.
Questions about the program? Want to register?
Plan to attend a New Runners’ Program Information Session!
Tuesday, January 17th 7 – 8pm Mebane Arts & Community Center
Saturday, January 21st 9:30 – 10:30am – Mebane Public Library
Click here to RSVP today for one of the information sessions.
Registration will be available ONLINE ONLY from January 21st – 31st.
Have more questions? Want them answered before an information session?
Send us an email here.