Mark your calendars for these 2010 events:
CORRECTION January 30th – 27th Annual Winter Flight 8k in Salisbury, NC
- Catawba College
- 10am Start time
- 8K run and health walk
- Registration closes 2/4 at 9pm
February 6th – Krispy Kreme Challenge in Raleigh, NC
- 4 mile run that benefits the NC Childrens’ Hospital
- You can be a challenger (17 bucks – eat all 12 donuts and get a shirt), a casual runner (17 bucks – eat however many you want, get a shirt) or a support (10 buck – donuts and shirt – no running required)
- You know you wanna!!!
February 14th – St. Valentine’s Day Marathon Massacre Relay in Greensboro, NC
- Country Park in Greensboro
- 2 and 4 person teams run a marathon – 6.4 miles per runner for the 4 person teams, split into 1.6 mile sections with a break in between
- Over 11 teams participating…we are still looking for a few more runners, email us if you want to participate. You don’t need to be a member to join one of our teams for the day!
- Carpooling over, Moe’s after
February 17th – Start of the MRC’s New Runners’ Program
- Click on the New Runners’ Program link above!
March 20th – Kidney Kare 5K Run Walk & Kids Kare 1/2 Mile Fun Run
- USATF Certified 5K course at McDougle Middle School in Carrboro
- 5th annual event benefits the Kidney Education Outreach Program, the Kidney Patient Emergent Fund and the Kidney Transplant Awareness Program
- Early packet pickup available through Fleet Feet Carrboro
- Details and registration available here at Active.com
March 20th – 21st Annual ZTA Franklin 5K
- Great event in Chapel Hill – MRC runners have participated in this for the past two years….usually followed by brunch / lunch at Milltown in Carrboro.
- All of the proceeds from the race will benefit: Komen for the Cure, the ARC of Orange County, The UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center and The Zeta Tau Alpha Foundation, INC.
- 9:30am start time, $15 registration fee
- Details and registration available here at SportOften.com
April 24th – Mebane Dogwood 5k
- Information coming soon…..
September 5th – Virginia Beach Rock & Roll Half Marathon – Virginia Beach, VA
- Several MRC members participated in 2009 – a group may be traveling together for 2010
- Well organized, flat and fast event!
- Register before 1/31 and use the Coupon Code LEAP to save $20 on registration
- Contact Denise Snyder if interested in carpooling & travel arrangements